To the hotel, my new home until...

Finished packing this morning and headed out the door! It is so weird to leave since I've been there for so long! But nice too, because it means that I'm closer to both seeing my family and to going to the Art History Study Abroad! :)

Anyway, getting to the hotel was quite the adventure. Whew man, my hands are still aching. So I had my large suitcase topped with my duffle bag, which has all my textbooks in it, along with my purse full of my laptop, camera, and other things. Oh my gosh. So heavy. My arms were dead from pulling it, but the stairs. Oh the stairs. Rosalie and I figured out a system that worked out pretty well. I got help occasionally, but mostly people just stared at me. They probably thought I was a stupid tourist who packed too much, but whatever. There was one instance when someone helped me that I thought was awesome. I was lugging my suitcase up the stairs (I was barely up them) and a guy just picked it up for me and carried it all the way up the stairs. Awesome, right? That isn't all. The metro had pulled in before he picked up my suitcase, and once he got up to the top of the stairs, he had to run down in order to catch it before the doors closed. There is no way that he was French haha :) There was another time where I was trying to get down the stairs with both my suitcase and my duffel. Well, I got down the first step and it just wasn't working. I called to Rosalie, but then there were these ladies who just ran up to help me. Two of them took my duffel, which was uber heavy, and the other helped me take my suitcase down the stairs. So, even though it was mostly not very fun (especially the time I got off the metro and a whole line of people stared at me and continued to stare as I attempted to get up the stairs) and also very painful, I had some good experiences! :)Wall outside the hotel. It is beautiful!


After getting settled in the hotel room, I worked on updating my blog via word (I don't have internet) while I watched Charmed, in French. I can't change the TV into English for some reason. When Hanna arrived and settled her stuff in the room, we went and grabbed some food. Then we went to the Institute. I planned on printing off my airline ticket so I could leave tomorrow. And I found out it was canceled :( I talked with my mom on facebook after that and we figured out that I won't be able to come home at all. I will get on my flight from Paris to Athens on Saturday and start the Art History program. After an amazing two months, I will finally come back home.

Then Hanna and I, along with Garret and Kevin, went to the YSAFHE. There was a dog there! So adorable :) I miss dogs. And animals. And people that I know haha :) En tout cas, after FHE, I went out to dinner with Miro, Garret, and Kevin. I got some tartare. If you don't know what that is, look it up. I like it ;) We had some pretty interesting and enlightening conversations. Then back to the hotel for another night in the city of lights.

Comments

Rachel said…
raw meat? interesting, I don't think I could get myself to eat it. But I am glad that you like it.

That was really nice of the guy to take your suitcase all the way up for you just to have to run all the way back down. There really are nice people in the world. And those women to help you out. I am sure that helped relieve some stress to know there are kind people out there.

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Benji

Day 54 - Dernier Jour

Day 55 - Home