Day 76 - A very different Easter

Today was a pretty relaxed day. I worked on some french homework this morning. Then I figured out something wonderful. The family is on vacation, so I decided to go into the computer room, just to see if my computer would pick up the internet better if I was right by the router. Well, it does! So I was able to watch the first session of General Conference! It was wonderful. I know this Church is true. Seriously. I really liked M. Russell Ballard's talk, probably because I am a woman :) I also learned something really valuable from Sister Beck's talk. When she was speaking about revelation, I got disheartened, as I always do when people talk about revelation. The reason why is because I never have any burning questions about the Gospel so I don't feel like I ever get revelation. However, I learned from her talk that revelation can be peace. It doesn't have to be an answer to anything - just peace. This made me very happy. And of course, I love President Monson! He is a very funny man! What I like about him is that he is serious about the Gospel, but he is still human and he likes to joke around. I can tell he loves us all so dearly. When he speaks, I feel like he is talking to me, really wanting me to know that I am loved. It is wonderful!

During conference, I made a pizza. Well I put a frozen pizza in the oven haha Rosalie and I had it for lunch. It wasn't very good, but it was sustenance! Then after I finished conference, we headed to the Ricks' apartment for a little Easter party. Laura made great Mexican food! Mmm it was so yummy :) Then we had this incredible dessert. It was a brownie topped with a chocolate egg that had ice cream and caramel inside. It was so delicious! After chilling for a while and playing Uno with Max, I headed home. It is still a little chilly outside, but the weather is shaping up. Definitely much better than what Utah is experiencing right now! En tout cas, while at home, I wrote a paper for French. It actually went really well. It ended up being just over a page long when it only needed to be half of a page. Then I studied French for our test tomorrow!

In case you were wondering why there isn't anything for the past two days, let me tell you why. For some random reason, the pictures from my camera won't download onto my computer. Infuriating, I know. Because this is the case, I can't really do the updates for those two days because they would be mostly pictures. Make sense? So I will update those when I can figure out what the problem is!

Comments

Rachel said…
That is good that you were able to watch some of conference! I am glad that things worked out for you to get better connection.
That dessert sounds yummy!

Can't wait to see you in one week and one day! YEAH

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Benji

Day 54 - Dernier Jour

Day 55 - Home