Day 55 - Home

I'll miss the metro, I'll miss the city, I'll miss the museums, I'll miss the tourist attractions, I'll miss the people, I'll miss the photo opportunities, I'll miss the rush. I'll miss this place.

I got up early this morning, finished packing up, ate breakfast, then headed to the Roissy bus with Elisabeth and Ali. Who are, by the way, angels! I am so grateful to them for helping me. I absolutely could not have done it without them unless I got a taxi. And even then, I'm not sure. Once on the nice Roissy bus, I slept a little bit. It was good. SO much better than taking the RER B, which is what everyone else took who was on our flight. And it ended up being cheaper.

Then we finally got to the airport. Elisabeth checked my duffel (thanks again!), which was fine on weight. Then I checked my large bag, except it was 4 kilo over. If I wanted to pay for that, it would be 150 euros. No thank you. So I had to get some stuff out of it. They gave me a AirFrance bag to put my stuff in. They were really nice. My bag ended up being 23.1 kilo but the guy let it go :) Then we went through security. They were taking a while with my bag and I didn't know why. Then they searched my bag and found my huge jar of nutella/white chocolate spread. I did not even think about that when I was packing :( So they threw the whole thing away. So sad. Oh well, I got on the plane just fine and settled down next to an old, but nice, guy.

They showed four movies on the plane, all of which I watched because I couldn't sleep. First one was Valentine's Day. It was cheesy, but pretty funny. I quite liked it. Then Dear John, which I did not like because it was pretty pointless. Then Young Victoria. I really liked this one, though it would have been better if I could have heard it better. I'll have to watch it again once I'm home. Then 500 Days of Summer. It was better than I expected, though still kind of weird. Interesting that they showed all chick flicks. Glad I'm not a guy! For lunch, I had vegetarian pasta with bread and salad. It was yummy. And for dinner, we had a pizza with some ice cream. And of course, peanuts were interspersed between all that along with drinks. I tried to sleep after all the movies were over, but I was unsuccessful. Oh well. Soon enough, we landed in Salt Lake City, Utah.

Now I will no longer be blogging about what I do everyday because, let's face it, I won't be doing picture worthy things every day. But that's okay. I think over the last five months, I've done enough to last for a while :)

Au revoir.

Comments

Glad you're home!

And there are blog-worthy and picture-worthy things happening all the time! Not just in Europe :)
Emily Peterson said…
What a wonderful re-cap of your amazing experiences!

And you know, the way life is, it is entirely likely that you will be back there again!

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Benji

I'm engaged!