Day 86 - Paris en printemps

This morning, I finished updating my blog for Paris Walks. Then I headed out into the city. I went to the Eiffel Tower first and took a ton of pictures. I could have gone up because the lines weren't terribly long, but I didn't really want to. I just wandered around instead. Unfortunately, it was very hazy. But I still got some pretty good pictures.





Line to get to the top.








Peace memorial.
"Peace" with the École Militaire in the background.


After that, I decided I wanted to go to the Turner exhibit. However, once I got there, the line was very long. So I didn't go in. I saw Turner while I was in London and there is no doubt that I will see him again, so I'm not too crushed. I took a picture of the outside (which is the side of the Grand Palais).
After getting lunch from my favorite place (Viagio), I sat behind Notre Dame and just soaked in my surroundings. And took pictures, bien sûr.








Then I headed to the institute for Angela's recital. Mike played a song of his own first and it was awesome!
Then Angela played the harp. It was great!
Between pieces, she taught us different things about the harp, like different ways to play, how it came about, etc. It was really awesome! Thanks Angela! After the recital, we had some cookies and played a little ping pong. Then I headed back home for the last dinner with our host family. We had hamburger steaks (looks like hamburger, tastes like a steak, very rare), which I love though they would probably make most of you nervous. We had potatoes with our meat. For dessert, we had fruit. Not my favorite. I like fruit, but not for dessert. Anyway, then I was able to talk on facebook with Hanna and Chris for a while and that was fun. Chris is going to come to Springville this weekend so I can see him before I leave again. Yay!

I decided, finally, to take pictures of the things that I see almost every single day.
The view I see as I walk to the metro. This is taken from Rue de Solferino (the road I live on). To get the the metro, I turn left once I get to the brasserie with the red cover on it. After walking down for a while, I turn right before the roundabout, cross another street, and then go down into Marcel Sembat. Fun stuff ;)
The view right as I get out of the metro to go to the Institute. Yes, that is THE Notre Dame.
On Rue Renard. After a short walk, I turn left on Rue St. Merri to get to the Institute.
The door of the institute with major sun glare.
Going back home
The door to the apartment.
My window.

Ah. I'll miss this place. But I am coming home home Saturday and I'm so excited!!

Comments

Breanna said…
Everything looks so beautiful there! I love it!
Cami said…
I am confused, I thought you had to stay in Paris cuz of the fire and since you had to be back on Paris on the 23rd you didn't get to come home!? I am confused, you should write me back on facebook and give me the whole story! Love ya!
Ariel said…
This blog entry is from the past, before I knew I wasn't coming home. It wasn't a fire though, it was a volcano.
Rachel said…
I love al the pictures of spring. So beautiful. I love all the picturs of the eiffel tower.

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Benji

Day 54 - Dernier Jour

Day 55 - Home