Day 73

After finishing packing, we left our places early this morning, got on a big pink bus (same one we used to go to Normandy), and headed to the Loire Valley. The drive was about four hours and I slept the whole way. I really love sleeping on that bus. We all got two seats to ourselves to stretch out on and it was very conducive to a good nap. The first castle we saw was the Château de Langeais.


Just hanging out.
The inside wasn't highly decorated, but it was cool nonetheless.











View of the town.






Then we went outside.





Some crazy contraption that we climbed up on.


She's not really sad. Promise.
Beautiful day!!

We found a playground!
And then we found the coolest treehouse ever!
Excited to be in the treehouse.


Jack dancing it up.



Best playground toy ever. It made me feel like a little kid!

Last view of this castle. As you can see, I've got a lot of pictures. Just keep in mind that this is one of the smaller castles. The next couple of days will be full of pictures. Very full. Hope you don't mind!
Next castle on our agenda - the Azay-le-Rideau Château.






Don't know what you think, but those do not look comfortable to me at all.
This is not the first time you will see a salamander in flames.








Whew. Now to the outside!








And thus ended the adventures here. We headed to Tours to spend the night. Shaina, Courtney, Chelsea, and I went to find something to eat. We found a really cute Vietmanese place. I got shrimp dumplings. So yummy! We looked around the town for a bit.



Their Hotel de Ville in the light...
and at night.

Then we went back to our hotels and crashed! It was a long day, but it was beautiful!

(PS I really love comments :D)

Comments

Alex said…
wow! those are some intense castles.... I wish I had a tree house thing as cool as that one near the top! :)
Emily Peterson said…
Awesome pictures!! Looks like that was a fun trip!
Rachel said…
I love the Red velvety dress. I looks like it would be kinda heavy to wear though. Also the little chair before that dress, it looks like a high chair kinda fun. The tree house playground looked like alot of fun abi would love that!

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Benji

Day 54 - Dernier Jour

Day 55 - Home