Day 81 - Art and getting lost (Walk #21)

I slept in a tiny bit this morning. I worked on my Music 101 Final and checked the internet for a bit (I figured out that I can also use the internet if my computer is right next to the door). Then I met up with Hanna and we went to the Orangerie. Only we couldn't find it for a while. We kind of wandered around the Tuleries for a while before we actually found it. We aren't incompetant, we just followed this one sign that ended up leading us astray. I guess that could also count towards that Get Lost Walk. Anyway, the Orangerie was really cool. I'm not a huge fan of Monet, but it was fun to take pictures of his water lilies.






It was kind of funny to me that they asked for there to be silence in the water lily rooms. I'm cool with it, but I didn't think any particularly deep thoughts while gazing upon his impressionistic ponds. Guess it's just me.





Some rough-housing in the museum.




Check out that impasto.
Then we went and grabbed some lunch at Viagio and ate by the Pompidou. While there, we witnessed something hilarious. There was a guy who had put on a really freaky mask. He would then go up to an unsuspecting person and do something to them (hold their hand, put his arm around their shoulder, etc). It was so funny! On two seperate occasions there were girls who screamed because they were so shocked! It was great. He had a awesome audience because there was a group of kids behind us who were laughing hesterically. Ah. What a great idea. Hanna and I want to try it on Brigham Square... :) I took a couple pictures.


Here is the man himself! He was so great!
His faithful audience. We left after that to go to our places to get ready to hang out with some friends. We (Miro, Rebecca, Melissa, Hanna, Haley, and I) met at the institute and then grabbed some dinner at Breakfast in America. And then we unintentionally did Walk #21: Get Lost! The 'Anti-Walk' Walk. We tried to go to this one place to dance the night away, but they wouldn't let Hanna in. They said that she had been there before and "how dare she come back." It was so strange. So we actually ended up wandering around Paris and seeing everything in the evening. I swear we walked at least five miles. I, unfortunately, had had some milkshake at dinner. With real, American milk instead of the ultra-pasteurized French milk. Wow. I haven't gotten a reaction that bad since I've gotten here. It was pretty miserable to walk so much, but it was remarkably fun at the same time. I think that sometimes it is more fun when plans do go wrong because then you end up doing things and seeing things that you never planned on. It was really fun! We didn't end up doing anything else, but that was okay. Then it was time to get some sleep before Disneyland!

Comments

Rachel said…
That would scare me to have a random guy with a mask come up to me. but it would be fun to watch. That is strange that they wouldn't let Hannah go into the dance place. you would thik that they would want returning customers. but fun you got to take a night stroll.

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Benji

Day 54 - Dernier Jour

Day 55 - Home