Day 83 - Wonderful Sunday

There is a reason they are the same sign.

Today was really good. Instead of Relief Society and Sunday School, they showed the last session of General Conference. Because I got to bed quite late last night, I wasn't able to get up in time to watch the entire thing. But I will watch it all once I get home. Of course, that may not be for another two months... I will do it though! Then we had testimony meeting. It was awesome. A lot of the missionaries got up. Something I have loved about this ward is the number of missionaries. Back in Springville, there are what? Two missionaries per stake? That is sad because missionaires are so cool! Anyway. I took some pictures after church for your enjoyment.
Align Center
This is the church building.
Miro, trying to be cool ;)



Haley
Todd
Carter

After that, a few of us (Carter, his friend Kyle, Todd, a girl from the ward whose name I cannot remember, Hanna, and myself) went to a beautiful park called Parc des Buttes-Chaumont. I have been wanting to go here for a long time because it talks about it in the Eyewitness book that I have. Some info on it before I get to the pictures: "The Buttes-Chaumont Park was commissioned by Napoleon III and Baron Haussman in 1864. [It] covers 61 acres and took four years to complete. It was built by the engineer Adolphe Alphand and the architect Gabriel Davioud." C'est tout. Now to the pictures!
It was a beautiful day! A little chilly, but quite nice.







Just laying on the grass :)

Kyle and Carter :)

After that, Carter, Kyle, Hanna, and I went to the Jewish Quarter in the Marais. We just hung out for a while. It was a lot of fun.
By the gay pride flag :) (No, they are definitely not gay...)

Something awesome happened while we were sitting on a table by Paris' most famous falafel stand. We saw, with our own eyes, Ethan Hawke! I took a picture :)
You'll have to zoom in but it most definitely is him! It was so cool. He actually came within 6 feet of us, but I didn't want to take another picture because he saw me take the first one and I didn't want to ruin his day. Anyway, it was really awesome!

It was getting kind of late, so we headed our seperate ways. I came home and mostly finished my music test. And that's about all. It was a wonderful day :)

Comments

Emily Peterson said…
Gorgeous pictures of the park!! That is cool you saw Ethan Hawke and got a pic of him!!!
Sara said…
Pretty cool seeing Ethan Hawke! You should have asked for his autograph! :) That is a beautiful park! You have some amazing pictures!!!
Tairsa said…
I totally recognize some of these buildings Ariel! I am France-sick! I am so jealous that you are having so much fun! I bet your french is amazing! Good luck and enjoy the rest of your trip!

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Benji

Day 54 - Dernier Jour

Day 55 - Home