Day 85 - Final, Divine, Licking Goat

Today was good. I arrived at the Institute just before 9:30 to take the French final. Overall, I think it went really well. However, there were parts that covered chapter 7 and chapter 8 that we never learned, so that was pretty unfair, but ca va. After the final, Shaina, Courtney, Chelsea, and I went to grab some lunch. I got a jambon beurre sandwich (for some reason it just doesn't sound right to call it a ham butter sandwich). Then we headed to the cheesecake place. I got a slice of cheesecake and a cupcake because I could not resist the deliciousness. Then we went back to the institute to eat. Oh my gosh. Life-altering dessert. Sounds really exaggerated, but you've never had this cheesecake. Man oh man. I can't even describe it. If any of you ever come to Paris, you must go there. Also, the top of my cupcake was full of mousse au lait (aka really incredible cream). Ohh... it was wonderful. So wonderful. Before I drool on my computer, I will move on with my day.

Shaina, Chelsea, and I continued on after that. I was able to grab three postcards. I am sending postcards to all of my siblings, but I still had to get three more. And I got them. Now I just need stamps... Soon Iago. We tried going to the d'Orsay after that, but the lines were so long. I don't feel too bad about that because I will be back here to see it. So we ended up walking all the way to Shakespeare and Company, which is a bookstore across the Seine from Notre Dame. It is a beautiful place. There are thousands upon thousands of books stacked on many bookshelves. I want one very similar to it in my home. Some pictures to give you an idea.


Notes from people who have visited here. It really is an amazing place. We seperated after that. I walked back to the Institute to use the internet for a minute. Here's what it looks like up there:
Couches to chill on
You can see the kitchen door in the background.
I will miss this place. It has been a cool place to hang out and do some homework. I am really going to miss these people. Elder Stover, who is always so funny and surprising, Sis. Stover, who is always so sweet, Elder Rose, who is the only missionary who remembers my name and always has a smile on his face, Cola, who always looks at me like I'm crazy but seems to like me anyway, the Sisters, who always look so happy to be here. These are some pretty great people.

After that, I journeyed home and took a long and much needed nap. For dinner, we had some delicious lasagna (not quite like stouffers but still pretty good) along with some tomatoes. When the cheese plate was passed around, I decided I would try some. So I got some camembert and some chevre (goat cheese). I tasted the chevre first and holy. It tasted exactly like a goat. It tasted like I was consuming the smell of goats. An experience I will never want to try again. When I had the camembert afterwards, it almost tasted like normal cheese. Wow. For dessert, pineapple. After dinner, I worked on updating my blog because I needed to make sure to have posts for the last two walks for the Paris Walks class. And that is about all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Benji

Day 54 - Dernier Jour

Day 55 - Home