Day 87 - Trying to find the words to describe this day

I basically worked on packing this morning. Then I headed to the Institute to meet up with Hanna. Only she didn't show. For an hour and a half. But I wasn't bored or anything because the missionaries were having a conference and I was listening to the talks. Pres. Hinckley's son was speaking. He said that he was an hour late because of a volcano. I thought that was strange, but I pushed it to the back of my mind.

Well, I decided to just go to the Pompidou without Hanna since she wasn't there. It was pretty good, but some of the art... not so much a fan. But what I really disliked was the feminist exhibit. I do not want to go into details... but I left feeling really grossed out and just disgusted. Then I headed to Cite de la Musique for the Berlioz concert. I got there early so I walked around Parc de la Villete (I'm not sure I got that name right). I got hit on by three guys, which was hilarious to me. I guess I should wear my hair curly more often because I get more attention that way, not just by random guys ;) Anyway, then I went to the concert. It was really interesting to me. A very important aspect of modern music is the performance. It was very dramatic. The conductor, the musicians, the way they were arranged. Everything was very intentional. I enjoyed it. We all left during the intermission, however, because they were going to play the same song again, only with different acoustics. Several of us met up with some wardies and we went out dancing. It was so fun! I very much enjoyed myself. I will miss all the friends I have made here! It was definitely worthwhile to get to know the YSAs. Advice for future study abroad students: GET TO KNOW THE YSAS. It will make everything that much better!

That's all :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Benji

Day 55 - Home

I'm engaged!