Day 72 - Musée D'Orsay

French was even worse today. I felt really light-headed coupled with tiredness, nausea, and an aching body. I don't know what was causing it, but it made it really hard to concentrate. I kept getting the answers wrong. Ugh, it was not fun. I hope I am ready for the test on Monday. And the test on the Friday after that. And the final after that... :r I went to the Louvre for a little bit after that with Shaina. Then we headed off to the Musée D'Orsay for art class.
In September, they issued a new rule that pictures cannot be taken in the museum. Lame. Anyway, it was really awesome. We talked about Courbet the entire time. He's really cool, but I didn't know there was that much to say about him! In case you don't know who he is, he painted the Stonebreakers and also the Burial at Orleon (not sure on the place actually). It was cool. Several of us went to the Crime and Punishment exhibit after that. It was awesome, at least at the beginning. We saw some Géricault, including his study of hands and feet! We also saw Death of Marat by David :D It was really cool until we got further on and it became darker and more gruesome. I was feeling a little sick at the end because of the things they exhibited. But seeing some impressionism cleared that up. I saw Van Gogh, Matisse, Manet, Monet, etc. The Musée D'Orsay is really cool. I wish I had had more time to spend there. I came home after that. Because Rosalie went to the Siddharta Ballet, I had dinner alone with Madame Dechamps. It was so awkward because even though she knows and understands English, she clearly does not like speaking it. Can't say I blame her. I feel the same way about French, though she is way better at English than I am at French. Anyway, her daughter joined as soon after we started so that eased some awkwardness. But she left before we were done. When I did finish, I put my dishes in the dishwasher and asked if there was anything I could do. She looked at me with a look that said, "You know that we both want you to leave the kitchen now" and said "No." So I skipped upstairs and entered the haven of my bedroom. Feels so good!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Benji

Day 54 - Dernier Jour

Day 55 - Home