Day 55 - Church and then some

Today was really good!

Side story before I tell you about church. So to get to the church building, we take Line 9 to Franklin Roosevelt, switch to Line 1, then take that to Hotel de Ville. However, today as we left Line 9, we found that Line 1 was CLOSED! Agh. So we had to take Line 9 for 10 more stops to Republique, transfer to 11, then ride that 3 stops to Hotel de Ville! What a pain. Oh well. We got to church only about 15 minutes late. Pas mal.

In Relief Society, we talked about the Creation. I really like this paragraph out of Gospel Principles:
"We are now living in this beautiful world. Think of the sun, which gives us warmth and light. Think of the rain, which makes plants grow and makes the world feel clean and fresh. Think of how good it is to hear a bird singing or a friend laughing. Think of how wonderful our bodies are-how we can work and play and rest. When we consider all of these creations, we begin to understand what wise, powerful, and loving beings Jesus Christ and our Heavenly Father are. They have shown great love for us by providing for all of our needs."

I am so grateful for this world and the chance I have to live on it :) Then off to Sunday School. Bro Stitt did the lesson today. I like his teaching style. He makes me think about things a little differently than I might have done otherwise. We discussed Joseph and his brothers. They didn't decide one day out of the blue to kill Joseph. They allowed small annoyances over the years to build and fester. They allowed anger to control their thoughts. On the converse, Joseph always trusted the Lord and didn't let things get to him. We need to be like Joseph. Forget those things that bother you about the Church or whatever else and remember that the Lord loves you more than you can possibly imagine! Who wouldn't want to follow Him? He gives me direction in my life and something to look forward to after I die. I just can't understand why people don't want to believe in this! I know it is true. He's there for all of us!

After SS, there was Sacrament Meeting where I led the music. It was a little confusing at first because I couldn't really sing along, but it worked out really well. I forgot how much I love conducting. Even though no one really looks at you, it's fun! Also, I stood everyone up for the intermediate hymn, which was pretty boss ;) After church, I hung around talking for a while. Mostly I just didn't want to go home and study quite yet. So I ended up going to Todd's place for lunch. It was a lot of fun. I had several very interesting conversations. I really like hanging out with some of the people in the ward. It's hard though because once this is over, I won't see them again! (Well, okay, I'll see them for two weeks in June, but that's it) I guess it's hard for me because I've never moved so I don't know what it is like to say goodbye to people permanently. I digress. It was fun :)

Alright, I've got to get studying for French now. Test tomorrow! Ag.

Comments

Rachel said…
I have never led music in front of a bunch of people, but it is fun to lead music. Yeah it is hard to say goodbye sometimes but you can always try to keep in touch. That is what I have done. glad you had a great sunday. I loved that lesson too! I am very grateful for all the little things that make our world what it is.

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Benji

Day 54 - Dernier Jour

Day 55 - Home