Day 48 - Church and Chilling

Church was great today. I grabbed headphones for RS and the lesson was wonderful. I'm sad about what I've missed out on since we've been here because I couldn't understand. Today, the lesson was on a variety of things, but my favorite part was about talents. I always feel a little uncomfortable when people talk about talents because I don't play the piano or make awesome food or anything like that. However, the Relief Society President mentioned that your personality could be considered a talent because it can help others. So even though I may not be good at an instrument or painting or things like that, I can develop my personality :D Then off to SS. We talked about Rebekah, who is awesome, and then about Jacob and Esau. It was a good lesson. I grabbed headphones in Sacrament meeting and listened to the testimonies. They were very interesting. Apparently, random tangential stories during testimony meeting transcends cultures :) I don't think anyone there bore a simple straightforward testimony, but they all had strong ones, which is the important part. It was amazing to me how many people in the ward were disowned by their families when they joined the Church. I can't imagine.

After church, Shaina, Hanna, and I headed out together. We went to Shaina's place first to grab her computer. She lives in a beautiful place! I'm so jealous. They have many parks around the area. Then we headed to Hanna's. I did my religion powerpoint on Shaina's computer (merci mille fois!). I'm kind of nervous for my presentation because I feel like it is super long. Hopefully it isn't too boring. I don't think it is, but I read the book so I know the whole story. Anyway, after (and while) I did that, we just talked. We also took some cool pictures on Shaina's computer. It was a lot of fun! I love chillin' with my new friends :D

Comments

Sara said…
I have been terrible at keeping up with everyone's blogs. But, I did read your entry for today. It sounds like you had a great lesson in RS. And you do have an amazing personality!! You also are an amazing example of hard work! And I look up to you in your dedication to scripture study! I agree with your teacher, talents can come is so many forms. And I think you are a very talented lady! :) I love you Ariel!

I enjoyed what I heard of my RS lesson. It was on service. But, SJ is at a terrible age for church! He is a handful to say the least! So, I missed out on the last 20 minutes. :( I think I am going to start introducing him to nursery. He is only about 2 months away from 18 months! Yikes! I can't believe he is growing up so fast! Makes me happy and sad! It will be nice when he is officially old enough for nursery! I will get to go to my classes and actually listen and participate!

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Benji

Day 54 - Dernier Jour

Day 55 - Home