Day 60 - Concert and a Walk (#14)

Today was a gorgeous day again! I love that springtime is coming! To start off the day, Hanna and I went to a piano recital. We happened to meet Chelsea there. The recital was fine, though a bit too long and repetitive towards the end.Hanna, Chelsea, and I grabbed some lunch and ate it on the grass in front of some old cathedral that we've never seen before :) (something I love about Paris is that there are amazing things everywhere!) Chelsea went home after that and Hanna and I did Walk #14 entitled Eighteenth-Century Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous: Musée Jacquemart-André, Musée Nissim de Camondo Museums, Parc Monceau.
We went to the Musée Jacquemart-André very first.

My camera was set in the off position after taking some pictures outside because they do not allow photographs :( In this museum, we saw many paintings, mostly portraits. We saw two paintings by Boucher. We also saw a lot of 18th century furniture and sculpture, some from Greece. After looking around the house at all of the works of art that this couple collected over the years, we went to the Exhibition. It was very interesting. It focused on Spanish painters (Dali, Miró, Greco, etc) in different genres (children, God, women, etc). It was really cool. Dali did a painting of Christ that I really loved. It was surrealist, but not abstract. Unfortunately, I cannot remember the name of it. We spent a couple of hours in there. Afterwards, we headed back into the streets.

Interesting juxtaposition.
“Notice that [most of the buildings] are six stories high (or seven by US standards). The most expensive apartments were on the second floor - where there is usually the most intricate ironwork and balconies - and the least expensive were on the top floor (no elevators!).”
Then off to Parc Monceau. LOVED it. Instead of being a rigid French-style park, it was a relaxed, slightly overgrown English-style park. The walk book says that it is not frequented by many tourists, but I have no idea why. It is beautiful.
One of the many “ruins” hidden around this park.



A bride and groom :D

Then it started to sprinkle so I had to put my camera away. We left the park soon after that anyway. We headed off to the Musée Nissim, but it was closed. However, it just contains furniture and such, the likes of which we see everywhere.

The sprinkling lasted until I got home. But I didn’t mind. I love warm rain :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Benji

Day 54 - Dernier Jour

Day 55 - Home