Day 54 - Catacombes

After getting sufficient sleep and doing some french homework, I met up with Hanna, Todd (Hanna and I hung out with him a couple of weeks ago), Bart, Dan, and Miro (a guy from our ward) to go to the Catacombes! They were awesome.

I got accused of not liking to take pictures of people (which is not true, it just doesn't usually work out...), so I took one :) Bart is in front with Miro behind him. Not very good because I didn't use flash, but at least I got a picture with people in it :D

t was so dark that my shutter had to be open for almost a minute sometimes! Okay, I exaggerate, but at least 30 seconds, which is still a long time to hold still.

"Stop! This here is the empire of the dead."


I know it is fuzzy, but look at all those bones! They went on and on and on and on! There were millions.
You can see the sections of the skull. Pretty cool. It was really hard to get this picture, but I wanted it so Miro held my arm to keep it steady. Thanks :)




That was pretty much the end of the catacombes. Cool, n'est-ce pas? After that, we hung out for a while. It was fun!

I came home after that and did what? French homework. I am finally done! Now I just need to study for the test on monday... Wish me luck!

Comments

Evan said…
Ariel! I didn't even know you were in France. That is so bloody cool, and your photos are beautiful. I am jealous, I suck at taking photos in churches, and the catacombs are awesome, and France is awesome, and you are awesome. So it works.
Evan
ps-hopefully you didn't forget who I am like last time.

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Benji

Day 54 - Dernier Jour

Day 55 - Home