Day 65 - Adventures to London

I am in London! I love it here!

French was fine today. I napped while the others were in French 362. Then off to the Louvre for art class. We talked about French Romanticism. I love Romanticism! We talked about Gros, Géricault (!), and Delacroix. I enjoyed myself :) She also told us that she is moving the final to the 7th from the 31st, so that means I'll have more time to study. Whew. Here are some pictures from class :)

I love this one. You can see that Géricault had intended to draw an arm, but decided not to, so he painted over it. I don't think I ever noticed this on a copy (It's from the Raft of the Medusa), but in real life, it was easy for me to see. I love seeing paintings with mine own eyes :)

Right after art class, we headed to Gare du Nord. On RER B. I've been on RER B a couple of times without anything to report. Well, this time was a little different. There were huge crowds of people waiting for it. When it finally came, everyone just pushed themselves in. Shaina got through, but Courtney, Hanna, and I couldn't get in. So we waited for the next train, where the situation did not improve. We just had to shove ourselves in. There were people smashed up against me from every side. I've never been so close to strangers before haha I was holding my baggage in one hand and it kept getting pulled down by the crowd so by the end, my arm felt like it was going to fall off. I was counting seconds until we got there. It was probably no more than a minute, but it felt much longer. It was certainly an experience! We couldn't see Shaina when we got off, so we just headed to the Eurostar, thinking she would be there. She wasn't. So we checked in, went through Border Control (I had my passport firmly in hand!), and hung out in the cabin area (I'm not really sure what to call it). We waited over an hour until we sighted Shaina outside the Eurostar check-in. She couldn't decide whether to go in or not, so she called us on the payphone. We told her to come in and we met her with joyous smiles when she did :)

We boarded the Eurostar soon after and had a great trip. We just talked the whole time and it went really fast. Once we got off, we got Oyster cards (tube passes basically, but in an easier form. We have the same thing in Paris, but they are called Navigo cards) and headed to the hotel. It was a little bit of a walk from the station (made longer by the duffel bag dislocating my shoulder), but we finally found it. Wow, it is tiny!
This is it! There is a little walkway by the bed, which is really nice to have. The room is so little!
Tiny bathroom. Includes the sink, the toilet, and the shower. All in one room.
But we have a window, which is wonderful! Not only does it have a ledge to put some of our stuff on, it makes the room seem bigger since we can see outside.
:D I'm in London!

Comments

Rachel said…
How long are you in London for? Is that little room for all of you or just you?
That wouild be kinda stressful and scary for me to go through and be in a huge crowd like that. Glad you were able to find Shaina. Where had she been? Was she lost of was she just waiting for you guys?

That is very interesting that you can see were he painted over the arm in the painting. Shows that no one is perfect right, even famous artist!

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Benji

Day 54 - Dernier Jour

Day 55 - Home