Day 68 - London Day

We all had a good English breakfast this morning. I miss breakfasts! Anyway, Courtney and Shaina went to Leicester Square to try to get matinee tickets for The Lion King, so Hanna and I headed off together. Requisite phone booth shot :)
This is made out of real plants to raise awareness for the environment or something like that.
Buckingham Palace. I didn't really know what to expect, but this wasn't exactly it. Still cool nonetheless!
People waiting around to see the changing of the guard.
St. James Park




Entrance to Hyde Park.


You can look at the beautiful plants and learn at the same time!





I really loved Hyde Park. It is a beautiful place. Unfortunately, it started to rain, so we had to head to the Underground. We decided to go the British Museum next. I've got a lot of pictures... some of which might be a little freaky. Just to let you know.








This is the Bog Man!

This is a mummy, though it does not look like a traditional one. This was a common person, so he didn't get a sarcophagus. Instead, he was buried in a stone tomb. Even still, he is perfectly preserved and all of his skin is intact. CRAZY!

A mummified falcon.
A mummified baboon.
Mummified cats.
Mummified cow.



The Rosetta Stone! There were a lot of people around it, but I finally got a picture!
Close-up on the writing.





Frieze sculptures from the Pantheon.
The Three Goddesses!! AH I am so happy :)
Lapinth and a centaur! So cool.


Showing the minorities of that time (and of generations to come).











These are all pills.
Whoa. Picture overload. Sorry about that. Only a few more pictures left and I'll be done for today :)

After that, I walked through Russell Park and onto the Underground to get to the Museum of London.





The Wall of London (or is it the London Wall?).



Beautiful :D Then I headed to the hotel to meet up with everyone, grab my duffel, and then head to the Eurostar. It was an uneventful trip. I slept half of the way and read for the rest of the time. And now I am home! If someone told me, even a year ago, that I would call Paris home, I never would have believed them. And here I am. Home.

Comments

Breanna said…
I LOVE all the pretty flowers! Oh I am jealous! It looks so lovely there!
Rachel said…
I love the signs of spring, can't wait till the snow, hail an rain stop here so that we can enjoy the spring season. Maybe when you get back here the good weather will follow you!

I love all the different sculpters that you capture.

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Benji

Day 54 - Dernier Jour

Day 55 - Home