Day 35 - Love in the Louvre :)

(I know my little shpeals aren't that interesting, but it's hard to take pictues everyday!) Today was great! I love the Apple store in the Louvre. I was able to chill on a ledge and use their super fast internet to update my blog. Anyway, to my day... I stayed up way late last night reading (and finishing) What Child is This? It was so good. It made me want to go out and do something good for someone. I felt so bad for the little girl whose only wish was for a family. I hope there aren't too many girls like her in the world, lonely and without a family... Anyway, it was a really good book. I recommend it wholeheartedly. I've started reading Wuthering Heights now. French and religion were good. Nothing out of the ordinary. I do have tests in both of those classes and music 101 next week :r After class, I headed over to the Louvre to go to the Apple store. The internet was so fast that it took less than 2 minutes to download five pictures. That is fast. Even the Ricks' internet, which is really good, takes at least 5-7 minutes. My internet, on a good day, takes 15-20 minutes. Anyway, it was really nice. Then I headed to FHE. It was awesome to not have to be on my computer. I was actually able to participate. Hoorah! We had a dark chocolate tasting contest. It was a lot of fun. All the chocolate (there were five different kinds) came from the same place. I did not think I would be able to taste the difference but I could! It was really interesting. Then we had dessert on top of that! Thanks Ricks family! Then I went back to my place. So last week, I got a package from my mom (I've mentioned the books I've been reading from it). The reason she sent it was so I could have my Mais Oui! textbook and workbook. However, they were not in the box and it had been taped up by the French post office. Here are some pictures.

It's my initials :) Anyway, so I need to go to the Post office (La Poste) tomorrow and see if I can start an investigation to get my stuff back. Wish me luck!

Comments

E said…
Wow, I'm so jealous that you get to spend your time in the Louvre! :)You should check out the little souvenir shop if you haven't already. There's some pretty cool pins in the drawers. :) Bummer about your book- good luck with the investigation...that sort of reminds me of the pink panther...what a perfect place for an investigation!

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Benji

Day 54 - Dernier Jour

Day 55 - Home