Day 26 - London, Day 3

Last day in London :( I have loved it so much here. Just in case anyone was curious, I added a few pictures of the hotel. It was actually really nice. It was more like the hotels in the United States.
The bed was really comfortable. I slept very good.
The toilet in the same room as the sink?? Genius! :)

We (Courtney, Chelsea, Angela, Shaina, and I) started off the day by taking the river cruise on the Thames that was included with our bus tour ticket. It was amazing! We definitely got our money's worth!
Tower Bridge.
I don't have very good luck with pictures of myself.
Tower of London
A boat from WWII, I believe. It is permanently moored there. (Is that the right word?)


London Bridge. I told you it was plain.




This pub/bar is an exact replica of the place where Shakespeare used to throw back a few pints.
The Globe Theatre.
The first solely pedestrian bridge in London.
The posts that used to hold up a bridge for the railroad.





The oldest thing in London: Cleopatra's Obelisk (again, not completely sure on the name. I should have written it down). It was given to London from Egypt in the late 1800's.
The London Eye.
Big Ben
A post for post :)
After that, we headed to Portobello Road to look at the Camden markets there. It was so busy, but it was a lot of fun! I would be nervous going to a place like this in Paris because if someone talked to me, I wouldn't know what they were saying. But in London, I felt very comfortable :) While here, I got some cute gloves/mittens and a telephone booth pencil sharpener (which works really well). It was a lot of fun!

Then we headed to the Eurostar. It was delayed for about an hour, so we ended up getting the chance to get a half-priced roundtrip ticket! Not too bad. The ride was uneventful and we got back to Paris safely. It is good to be back and settled, but I sure miss London!

Comments

Breanna said…
I think it's so funny that you say the bridge is plain. I'm like, "Whoa!! It's a bridge!! AWESOME!!" I wouldn't have even noticed that it was plain. :)

I just don't get out much I guess! Haha!

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Benji

Day 54 - Dernier Jour

Day 55 - Home