Day 30 - Classes, Presentation, Symphonie Fantastique

Today has been a really long day, but it has been good! Started out with French class. It was fine. After lunch I headed to the Louvre to find the painting for my presentation. It is the Pilgrimage to the Island of Cythera by Watteau. I really like it. Then I headed downstairs to meet with the rest of the students for class. On my way down I saw a room full of Gericault paintings!

Okay, so Gericault did a series of paintings in an asylum. This is one of my favorites. She is a gambler.
This is the painting I did my presentation on. It went alright. The teacher was a lot more finicky about the presentations than I would have thought. Oh well, I think I did fine. Then we headed to the Berlioz concert, Symphonie Fantastique at Salle Playel. It was amazing! I'm really glad that we went over the storyline beforehand or else it wouldn't have had much meaning to me. Because we did, I liked it a lot! Anyway, that's all for this day.

Comments

Tairsa said…
Wow, I had to write an essay on this painting in my music civilization class. I AM SO JEALOUS YOU WENT TO THE BERLIOZ CONCERT!!! That sounds like a blast!

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Benji

Day 55 - Home

I'm engaged!