Day 24 - LONDON, Day 1

Today we set off for London. I got up early, finished packing, then headed to the Eurostar station. We waited there as a group for a while before we went into the terminal-like place to wait for the Eurostar to board us. Make any sense? Anyway, it was at the point when we were going through the first security-like line that Hanna said, "So will we have to show our passports here?" My heart stopped. I did not even think to bring my passport. I started to panic a little bit. I did not think I was going to be able to get to London today. I was so close to breaking down. It made me so mad, at the internet actually. The reason is because my internet is really horrible so it is difficult to check my emails. But really, I was just mad at myself for not thinking. Through Garret's awesome help, I was able to get through with no problems. Turns out I would have had time to grab my passport because the train was delayed for 4 hours, but it worked out. We finally got on the Eurostar at 2 pm and headed out shortly thereafter. What was great about the massive delay is that we get free tickets to come back another weekend! All of our stuff.
This is the departure list at Gare du Nord. It was so fun to watch because the tiles change by going through the whole alphabet then stopping when it gets to the right letter. Does that make any sense? Anyway, it was cool in action :)

Pictures while we went backwards on the Eurostar! The trip was pretty nice. I mostly just relaxed and tried to sleep (which didn't happen). It was alright though because it was really pretty. I thought we would be in the chunnel for a long time but that was not the case.


England! :)

The station where we arrived. We headed to the tube which took us to the hotel. After dropping our stuff off, several of us headed out to Les Mis.
People waiting at the premier of Valentine's Day. Apparently Ashton Kutcher, Demi Moore, and several others were there. Not a big deal for us; we were headed to Les Mis. (This was taken at the ticket place where we didn't actually buy tickets because they were the same price at the box office)
Our view. Not too shabby. Most of the action occurs in that area, so we were able to see really well.
The whole stage area. Yes, pictures were allowed.
It was wonderful! I loved it! I really love musicals.

Well, I'm about ready to pass out and I've got a long day ahead of me! More tomorrow!

Comments

Breanna said…
AAHHHHH!! YOU SAW LES MIS?!?! NO WAY!!!
Ohh, tell me all about it! It's my dream to see it on broadway! It's the best ever!! You are the luckiest girl I know Ariel! I'm so happy for you!
Alex said…
wow! super cool! I wish i was in london... :) I have this bad habit of checking your blog during my art history class... guess who we were learning about? we talked about Bernini yesterday, so it was funny to see the sculpture, and are those the Ruben paintings of Philip IV? if not they look like it to me... so it was funny... :) enjoy london!
Ariel said…
Yes, Breanna, I saw Les Mis! It was amazing! There is a reason why it is the world's longest running musical. Everything was fantastic. Eponine and Jean Valjean had the best voices! One day, you will see it on Broadway, and it will be totally worth it!!

I wish I was in London too :) It is such a great place. Alex, why are you checking my blog instead of paying attention in Art History? :) It's alright. That is funny that you were learning about Bernini. I bet your teacher didn't talk about that bust. I'd never seen it before. I don't know if the paintings of Philip IV are by Rubens. I wouldn't put it past him - he liked royalty.

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Benji

Day 54 - Dernier Jour

Day 55 - Home