Day 39 - Gent

Left Netherlands this morning and traveled to Bruges, Belgium. We took two trains to get there. The second train was quite full so we had to separate. I went to a four person seating area that already had three people in there. They got off at one stop so I was alone. It was nice. I scooted over to the window so I could sleep. Well, at the next stop, three guys came into the area and sat down. They were speaking some language that I didn't recognize. I was so tired so I was just resting my eyes. Plus, it would have been awkward to be looking at them. I don't know how, but at some point I could tell they were talking about me. So I opened my eyes and one of them had his hand waving in my face, trying to wake me up. The others were staring at me and laughing. Really stupid and awkward. I moved as soon as I could. They were just weird and I was afraid that they would steal something from me if I fell asleep. So I moved to be by Claire and Courtney. It was a weird situation.

Anyway, once we got to Bruges, we dropped off our stuff in the lovely hotel. It is run by a young couple who have two cute daughters. We are taking up the whole hotel except for one room and five of the girls have to be situated elsewhere. After a minute or two of rest, we headed back out to Ghent. We walked around the nice town for a while.




Yummy.




Then to the cathedral.


Pretty cool. Then we went inside to see the Ghent Altarpiece! Unfortunately, it was under restoration, so we didn't get to get a really good look at it. Pretty disappointing. That's okay though. We did get to see it. We looked around the cathedral for a little while and also saw the small model of the altarpiece, which gave us a good idea of the proportions and such. After we finished our freewrite, we headed back out into town and walked around a bit more.

Then back to Bruges to discover the city. It is so incredible and gorgeous and seriously unreal in its beauty.










Silly Tabitha.

We got food after that. I had an omelet. Quite tasty. Then we had amazing Belgium waffles! It was warm with white chocolate drizzled on it. Delicious! Then we walked back to the hotel. We saw baby ducks and swans.
Aw :)


Seriously so beautiful! We finally made it back to the hotel.



Decoration :) So cute!

After that, I just worked on updating my blog. I also had a good chat with Claire and Tabitha. Good times :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Benji

Day 54 - Dernier Jour

Day 55 - Home