Day 51 - Among the Spirits

Today we had church at the Versailles chapel because it was stake conference. That means that during this study abroad, we have been to a different church every sunday. That's a lot of churches. We've been taught about the gospel in Greek, Italian, German (for FHE, not church), Dutch, French, and good old English.

Anyway, this Sunday was in English because it was broadcast from Salt Lake City. President Packer is hilarious! It was really awesome. We left pretty quickly afterwards so I saw Todd for about two seconds and I didn't see Miro or Carter at all. So much for saying goodbye to my friends. Oh well. After church, we walked through the market.

It was fun. They had tons of stuff. Then we went to a place to get macarons, which were delicious!

Then we did something that I've been wanting to do since I did the metro walk my first week in Paris: we rode line 14. Line 14 is the newest metro line and is therefore the most technologically advanced. This means it does not have a conductor so you can sit at the very front of the train and see straight into the tunnel as you speed forward. It was pretty awesome. Then we went to Père Lachaise. We got a map, looked for key people, wandered, and generally, had a really great time. The weather was really wonderful. We stuck around for a few hours.



I saw this cat last time I was here.





Strange last name.





Oscar Wilde is pretty darn popular.
And that's where we ended. After a stop at the Louvre for internet, we headed back to the hotel. We had delicious pizza for dinner then just chilled and got some things done. More tomorrow.

Comments

Emily Peterson said…
I'm glad you got to ride line 14! That's funny that you saw that same cat again!

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Benji

I'm engaged!

Day 55 - Home