Day 45 - The old and the new

Today was a little chilly, but was really pretty good. We went to Chartres today. I slept on the way there, mostly missing the awful smell coming from the toilet right next to us. The smell was not lost on the other girls though.
Well we finally got to Chartres.

We lectured on the outside.

While we were out there, a guy ran a construction truck over a pole thing and made a huge mess.
Anyway, then we looked around the interior. Again, I didn't take many pictures because I already have them :)

Treasury area
After I did a freewrite on the north transept window, I went out to the town for lunch and to look around. I was going to climb the tower but I decided against that. Ended up being a good choice because I found this stained glass museum that was really cool.


Explanation of the following pictures.








Then I slept all the way back to Paris, where we had a tour of Montmartre with Greg.

Clean water on the streets. A little classier than the spigots coming out of walls in Rome :)


Sundial.

Favorite hangout of Van Gogh and others.

End of tour. Elisabeth, Shamra, Ali, Tabitha, and I tried to find the Love Wall... but with no success. Oh well. I just headed back to the hotel after that and collapsed from exhaustion!

Comments

Emily Peterson said…
That stained glass museum looks so interesting and cool! I'm glad you happened to go there!

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Benji

Day 55 - Home

I'm engaged!