Day 42 - Paris holds the key to my heart

I LOVE PARIS!

Anyway, the first thing I did today was set out on a journey with Elisabeth and Tabitha in search of a grocery store to find breakfast. We could not find one. But we did find out that the hotel breakfast is both substantial and cheap. So we got that. Looking back, a good breakfast really can keep you going all day!

The first thing we did for class today was head off to St. Denis. I'd been here before and it didn't seem very cool at all. But with Martha explaining the importance of this church, it is so awesome! It shows the transition between Romanesque and Gothic. Probably doesn't matter to most of you, but it's important, I promise :)





I love the effect of sun through stained glass.

Crypt


Then we went to St. Germaine des Pres. I didn't take any pictures this time because I already have a blog post about it. It's a pretty cool church, but not as important.

Then we went on an architectural tour of Paris. Again, I didn't take very many pictures because I've seen these views, and blogged about them, 100 times or more. We ended at the Louvre.
It is so awesome to know my way around. After 6 weeks of getting lost, I finally know where I'm going! First thing we did after class is go back to the hotel area. Greg wanted to show us the huge grocery store that is one tram stop away from our house. So this means we won't have to buy any meals in restaurants! Yay for cutting down on expenses :) Then we headed back into the city. I took the girls around, showed them the main sights. Then we went to the Louvre for internet. It was so nice to play catch-up with my email! I also saw pictures of Oaks :) I'm very excited to meet him!

Then we went to the Arc du Triomphe and climbed to the top. It was a wonderful view. Unfortunately, I did not bring my camera. That was dumb. First and only time I have done that on this study abroad. Oh well. Then we went to the Notre Dame area. We tried to find crepes but only found one place that was a little more expensive than I would have liked. Oh well, you gotta do what you gotta do for delicious crepes :) While we were eating our crepes, we watched fire twirling and other circus acts in front of the cathedral. It was pretty cool. But no one was clapping so we did and it caught on pretty quick! Then we went back to the hotel to end our evening.

Comments

Emily Peterson said…
The light coming through the stained glass is gorgeous! Beautiful pictures!

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Benji

Day 54 - Dernier Jour

Day 55 - Home