Day 28 - The blood and guts of Shakespeare

Headed back to the National Gallery this morning. It felt much better today because I took medicine and I sat down as much as I possibly could. Today we saw Lorrain, Velasquez, Caravaggio, Turner, Seurat, Van Gogh. It was amazing! After grabbing some quick food at Pret À Manger, we headed to the Globe Theater to see Macbeth with our group.
It was really crazy. We had to stand up the whole time, which was pretty tiring, but it worked out just fine. I actually really liked it even though it was extremely gory and pretty gross actually. Most everyone in our group disliked it, but I thought it was a really good experience. A true Shakespearean experience.

After that, I just walked around London with Claire. It was quite nice actually.
Then I headed to the Victoria Theatre. I thought I might try to get cheap tickets to Wicked. Unfortunately they were gone by the time I got there. No problem, I just headed back to the hotel. When I went to get my key, the guy at the desk tried to convince me that I needed to go to a fruit market, but I didn't really feel like that. He is so friendly though. Anyway, I just hung out in the hall for a little while, talking to Rachel. While we were out there, the accounting group from BYU came in (they are on a two week 'study abroad'). One of the guys stopped to talk to us for a little while. That was kind of fun. I went to Tesco with Tabitha after that to get some food and that was about all I did today :)

Comments

Emily Peterson said…
Oh, the wonderful wonderful beautiful Globe!! I thought it was fun to be a groundling at the Globe Theatre!

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Benji

Day 55 - Home

I'm engaged!