Day 37 - Singing in Dutch

Church was in the Hague today so we headed back there on the train. After the train, we had to take a tram to get us to the area where the church building is located. Then we went to church. Relief Society was first and it was a combined lesson. They had headphones for us so that we could have English translation. Then off to Sunday School, which was in English. We talked about respecting God above all else. Then Sacrament meeting had four speakers, three of which were from England so they spoke in English. It was nice. What was really cool is that we got to sing in Dutch! It was quite a lot of fun :)

After church, guess what happened? They had a potluck! We are very lucky people to have had so many wards feed us. There was tons of food and it was all quite tasty. It was nice to not have to worry about finding food for lunch. After we cleared our plates, we got back on the train and stopped in Leiden. While there, we went to the windmill museum. It was so awesome, but a little bit scary! I loved it and took tons of pictures :)






The ladders kept going up and up and up and kept getting steeper. We were very high up from the ground!








FYI

It was pretty awesome!
It started raining shortly thereafter so we came back to the hotel and relaxed for a while. It was nice. And while I was away, my new nephew was born! Hooray! I have been talking about him for days and now he is finally born! His name is Oakley and I am so excited to see him! I went to use the internet at the hotel's computer to see pictures. It isn't cheap, but I really want to just have 10 minutes or so to see how it all went. Well, the lady before me paid for an hour, but only used half an hour and she let me use the rest! So that was most excellent. Unfortunately, there were only 2 pictures of him. That's okay though; I know all went well and I will see his cute little face in three weeks!

Comments

Emily Peterson said…
Awesome windmill pictures!! What a cool cool thing to have done - climbed a windmill in the Netherlands!!

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Benji

Day 54 - Dernier Jour

Day 55 - Home