Day 27 - Box Seats

Started off the day with the first half of the National Gallery. My brain is mush. Seriously. It was really amazing though. We saw Van Eyck, Botticelli, Da Vinci, Titain, Rembrandt, Rubens. Amazing stuff. After that, Elisabeth and I went to Primark, an extremely cheap store here in London. Shirts for 1,50. Shoes for 2. Amazing prices. But what comes with low prices? People. Tons of people. It was really really frustrating but I did manage to get a few things. It was kind of nice. I lost Elisabeth in the store, so I just headed to the hotel. Thankfully she had the same idea. So we met there, then headed to Lyceum theater to meet with Tabitha and Claire to get tickets for Lion King! We also met Shaina there! Oh Shaina, how I miss that girl! She was going to try to get tickets to Lion King, but decided against it. It was nice to see her for the minute or two that I got to! I can't wait to see everyone from last semester again! Anyway, we then went into the box office. The cheapest tickets they had were box seats, so Claire and I grabbed them. Tabitha and Elisabeth wanted more expensive seats so they got those.

It is funny to me that box seats used to be for the elite and now they are the cheap ones. I can see why. Back in the day, it was more important to see others and have them to you. I could definitely see everyone in the house and I'm sure they could see me, if they cared to look. However, I still had a great view of the stage. We just had to move our chairs around and lean over the banister. It really was wonderful. About five minutes before the musical was due to start, a woman came in and said we had to move our seats to the side because a guy would come into the box to sing during the opening sequence. We happily obliged. When he came in, it was so cool! He was a ram, or something like that, and his voice was incredible! The spotlight was right on him. It was a great experience. I'm so glad we got those seats. I would get them again anyday. Then the guy left and we sat and thoroughly enjoyed the rest of the musical. It was really amazing. I was surprised at how closely it followed the movie. But there were some extra songs, and the costuming was fantastic. It was all fantastic. I really loved it and I am so glad we went. It was quite the moving experience. And thus ended the twenty-seventh day of the term of studying abroad :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Benji

Day 54 - Dernier Jour

Day 55 - Home