Day 22 - Entschuldigung

We started off the day with the Belvedere Palace. Some Austrian monarch was jealous of Versailles so he decided he wanted to build a type of one for himself. Well, he didn't build it, of course, but he commissioned a man named Hildebrandt to do it for him. This is the result.

Upper Belvedere


Lower Belvedere

January

Then we headed off to the Kunsthistoristhe Museum, where we saw amazing works of art! But first, some pictures of the city.
Monument to the Russian soldiers who occupied Austria. I don't know why.
The Museum.
Inside. And now, to the art!




Can you find Christ?

Taking notes on an altarpiece.






Spring.
Winter.
Summer.
Fall.


I wrote my first Martha freewrite on this piece. I think I wrote four pages!
Outside.
Sign for the bathroom saying ladies in 6 languages.

After doing our freewrites, Claire, Elisabeth, Caitlyn, and I went to go get some lunch. I had some type of stew with potatoes and meat and vegetables. It was delicious. It had a specific name, but I cannot remember it now. The server we had was very nice. She thought we were German speakers at first because Elisabeth spoke German to her. Then we had to ask for English menus. But even when we admitted we were English speakers, she still was nice to us! At the end of the meal, she asked us if we just wanted to pay separately, a task that makes most waiters very annoyed. Anyway, it was a very good experience!

Then Elisabeth and I went to look for a patch and for a flag (both of Austria). Though we had luck with the patch, we had no such luck finding a flag :( I want to collect these things from every country because it will be so cool! Don't you think?

It was getting a little chilly, so we headed back to the hotel and we chilled there for a while. So yesterday, we bought some yogurt. In order to keep it good, we put it outside the window (we is referring to Claire, Elisabeth, and I, all in separate rooms). As we were in my room, we saw a huge bird fly into the window. It looked as if he wanted to get my yogurt, but he didn't get them. Claire went to go check on hers and two had fallen to the ground, probably as a result of the bird. Elisabeth's were fine, but we shall see tomorrow.

Oh, it is rainy.

Comments

Emily Peterson said…
That's nice about the waitress. I always found the waiters and waitresses in Germany to be quite friendly; it sounds like the Austrian ones are too!

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Benji

Day 54 - Dernier Jour

Day 55 - Home