Day 32 - Antwerpen

Left London this morning at 6 am.I love London. So much. One of the most wonderful cities ever. I sure love it.

We took a train to Brussels first. The seat in front of me had this on it:
Pretty cool. So on this train, we accidentally sat in first class. About 10 minutes before the ride was over, the guy came to check our ticket and made us move. Kind of dumb to move when it was almost over, but at least they didn't fine us. What I think is really dumb about first class is that NO ONE is in it. So much empty room. Wasteful. Anyway, so we moved, then arrived in Brussels shortly thereafter. Then we took another train to Antwerp. As I was getting up to get off the train, my huge brown paper bag with my extra stuff in it totally ripped :( Luckily, I had everything in separate smaller bags so it ended up being okay.

Anyway, we finally got to Antwerp.
Doe, a deer... Have you seen the video where people start dancing in the train station, seemingly randomly, and start singing the song from the Sound of Music? Well, this is where that takes place.


Then we went to a museum. The majority of it was Rubens' stuff. And half the museum was closed. So it didn't last very long. But it was pretty cool to see Rubens up close. Pretty cool.
Then we went to this cathedral.
In this church, we were able to see some Rubens' altarpieces. It was so cool!
AH so cool!





It was really awesome!



Um... what? haha
We finally made it to the Rockox house. It was really quick because we had been going for so long. But good.



Whew. I was so exhausted after that. We all were. So we went to get dinner. It was quite good. After that, we chilled in Antwerp for a while and got yummy waffles. It was nice. We headed to the hotel after that. Once there, I sat on bed and talked with my new roommates, Courtney and Claire. Fun fun. New country tomorrow!

Comments

That is so cool about the train seat! You were meant to sit there!
Emily Peterson said…
So cool that you were at the train station with of the "spontaneous" Do-Re-Mi song & Dance!

Great pics of all of the wonderful paintings that you saw!

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Benji

Day 54 - Dernier Jour

Day 55 - Home