Day 26 - Hilarity with the Brits

After sleeping quite well last night, I woke up well rested and ready for the day, very much in time for the start of my 'school' day. I got ready slowly then got breakfast. It was pretty good. Not my favorite, but it's food. Then I came back to my room because I had a lot of time. I have internet on my computer so Ciera asked if she could borrow it really quick. I don't mind so she used it. Apparently she read something really funny about her sister because she started laughing hysterically. I should have stopped it but I didn't notice in time. A string of drool dropped from Ciera's mouth onto my computer! Hilarious. Luckily, it landed on the mousepad, so there wasn't any damage. It was just funny and Ciera was very apologetic! Great way to start the day :)

After all that, we headed to the British Museum. Even though I've already been there, I did see some things that I did not notice before that are famous. Well, I've learned about them in class before. Don't feel bad if you don't recognize them ;) Gazing at the Rosetta Stone.
I wonder if I'm in that girl's picture...





Three Goddesses. Or should we say 6? ;)
Swimming with pig bladders.








X-Ray of a Mummy.

After that, Tabitha, Elisabeth, and I headed out into the city. While on the metro, I was sitting across from a little girl in a stroller. She was probably about three years old and so adorable. I started making faces at her and she responded with giggles. Then I started making motions with my hands which she would copy. It was fun. I miss my nieces and nephews so much! Anyway, we headed to Leicester Square after that. Elisabeth and Tabitha got tickets for Les Mis. Since I saw it so recently, I decided not to go again. But I was struggling for a while, trying to figure out if I should go to a different musical or not. I finally decided not to since I am going to one tomorrow night. Then we went to a souvenir shop, where we got patches and a flag. I am so sad that I did not get an Austrian flag. I'll have to find one somehow when I get home. After that, we went to Plaform 9 3/4s again because Elisabeth hadn't gone yet. It was hilarious. Tabitha wanted to try to make it look like she was going through the wall. So she pulled her jacket above her head and this is the result. I was laughing so hard I almost peed my pants.



I love it!
Fun fun.

The day did not end there. We went to Hyde Park next. We wandered around for a while.
We found a nice spot of grass and popped a squat. It felt so nice to sit down.

Then we found a squirrel. And I fed the squirrel :)
I stopped giving him peanuts so he started crawling onto my leg. I tried to take a picture, but the sound of my camera scared him!

Also during this time, there was a guy a ways away from us who was busting out his moves, trying to impress us ladies. He was surprisingly impressive.
Elisabeth would like you to know that she is not crazy, but was in fact making that face because of the breaker boy.

We then set off on a quest to find the Peter Pan statue. We saw it on the map, but we were having the darndest time finding it. After wandering for a while, we came upon a map. The statue wasn't particularly close, but we had time to wander before they had to get to their show.




We finally found it.
While at the statue, we saw several runners. No big deal. Looked like they were running some sort of marathon. I thought that until I saw this man.
Weird. Was he just an oddball or was this a costumed marathon? The question didn't go unanswered for long.








Still don't know what it was all about but it was quite entertaining. Does anyone know anything about it? It was some sort of heroes run or something. Anyway, our day in the part was quite beautiful and perfect.

I headed back to the hotel after this while the girls went to their show. I went to H&M for a little while, just to try things on. Then I headed back to the hotel, worked on updating my blog, and also talked to friends and family on facebook.

It has been an excellent day! Here's to another tomorrow!

Comments

Emily Peterson said…
Great pics from the British Museum and Hyde Park!!

I wonder what that costume race was?!?!

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Benji

Day 54 - Dernier Jour

Day 55 - Home