Day 9 - Classes and Walking around the Jewish Quarter

Again, I did not bring my camera. My school bag is so heavy that it is very uncomfortable for me to bring my camera along with it and add to the weight. Hope you understand. I had French 201 today. After that, I walked around the city for a while, looking at the Soldes, while the others were in French 362. Then I came back, rested a bit, did a bit of homework, and talk to the missionaries a little. There was one from Rome who was really friendly, but the rest didn't say much. Then Hanna, Courtney, and I looked around at Soldes in the Jewish Quarter. We didn't really find anything. We were trying to find a bin full of scarves costing a euro, but that didn't work out. But we did find the "DI" of Paris. It was full of shirts, dresses, fur coats, and shoes that no one, except the most confident or strangest people, would want to buy. But it was interesting none the less.

At 3, we headed to the Louvre for our art class. The instructor is very nice. She does speak English, but with a French/British accent. It's pretty cool. For class, we each have to teach the class for 15 minutes about a painting. She said I have to go first because I am the Art History Major. No pressure. I think I could probably do it if the painting was really interesting to me. I could definitely talk for 15 minutes on the Raft of the Medusa, but I don't think I get to choose.

Dinner was really interesting tonight. Rosalie was sick, so she went to bed early. Which actually worked out because we had a full table tonight. There were 7 people eating there (there are usually 3-5): Marine, Margherite, Charles, Catherine, her husband, and her husband's coworker/friend (not sure on the name spelling). It was very interesting. It was a little awkward, but not too bad. Anyway, we started with jumbo shrimp that still had the shell and head on. It was really good. Then we had Salmon, which was really good, and steamed broccoli, which was also good, though a little softer than I usually like. After that, we had some salad. We have a salad every night, but I've never had any. I decided to try some tonight. Woah. The vinaigrette on it was way to strong for me. So I think I will be skipping it from now on. After that, we had some semi-fresh pineapple. It was good also.

Well I hope you have enjoyed my ramblings. On the days when I post pictures, it is hard for me to really write anything about my day. So I will do it every once in a while for your reading enjoyment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Benji

Day 54 - Dernier Jour

Day 55 - Home