"Don't ask yourself what the world needs, ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go do that. Because what the world needs are people who have come alive." Harold Whitman
Day 2 - My Bedroom for the next 3 months
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
My place is located just outside of Paris. It is still in a city-like area. It works fine for me. The bedroom is small, but again, that's works for me. I really love the wallpaper.
My sister Rachel had her baby boy Benjamin earlier this morning. This is the 19th time I've been an aunt. And I still absolutely adore it. I get just as excited with each birth. He's a new life. He's a miracle. I love children. With Benjamin and Abi, his oldest sister. I love her face in this one! Isn't he just adorable? Look at that hair! Oh I love him :)
My Favorite Things #18/365 Next Thursday, two of my nieces, Aarynn and Lily, will be coming to stay at my house for about a month and a half. I'm very excited! We are going to have a lot of fun together. This is a great opportunity for us to bond. Both girls will be staying in my bedroom (I have three beds in there; I don't really know why, but I do). So I've been doing some cleaning. The area that needed cleaning the most was the bed I don't sleep on and is not under the bed I sleep on (I have a trundle bed). I had a lot of my stuff piled on this bed. I wish I had taken a before picture. I think the bed looks great! It is now ready to be slept in!
My Favorite Things #36/365 Plasma is a great way, for me at least, to earn money. For those of you who don't know (which I pretty sure everyone does, but that's okay) how it works, I will explain. First, I sign in. Then I wait in the lobby area for maybe 45 minutes to an hour (if it's really busy). Then they call me into a booth. They do some tests (weight, blood pressure, pulse, temperature, hematocrit, and protein) and if you are good on all those, they ask you the questions (Have you read the AIDS bulletin? Have you had close contact with hepatitis? etc). Then you wait for anywhere between 10-20 minutes to be called to the back. A phlebotomist will then prep you and stick you. It doesn't hurt too bad. Plus, you get used to it quickly. I think so anyway. Then you sit there while your blood is drawn and centrifuged. The red blood cells are returned to you and the plasma goes into a clear cylindrical container. It takes me around 45-50 minutes to do this. So overall, it...
Comments