Day 7 - Classes Begin, St. Denis

So I didn't take my camera with me today. Sorry everyone. Classes started today. It was exhausting to sit through 6 hours of classes. Ugh. French 201 will be the worst definitely because I'm just not very good with picking up French. Oh well. I'm not alone. There are some other people in the class who are where I am. Also something that is good is that I changed the credit from 102 to 201. The class is the same no matter which credit you sign up for, so I figured I might as well get French out of the way. Hooray! Don't get me wrong, I really love French. I just don't really want to study it. Plus the Art History Major has me taking 17-18 credits every semesters anyway, so it would be nice to not have to worry about French. After that, I had Music 101. This class with be good. There are 6 people in the class and it is pretty chill. I think I will be able to learn and kind of be able to connect music with the art that was going on at the time. Maybe. Anyway, after that, I had Religion 360r. It is a class that deals with how the Church has grown in France. Pretty cool. The professor is a native born Parisian, but he speaks very good English. It will be good.

After class, we got some food. I bought a quiche for lunch/linner and then a sandwich to have for dinner. The quiche was delicious. Ooh how I love quiche. Then some of us headed to St. Denis. It is kind of in the boonies of Paris, but we finally found it. Here's my analogy: If Paris is New York, then this area was Brooklyn. It was just dirtier and made me a little more nervous to be there. But still very cool. I did not think I would go see anything so I didn't bring my camera. But St. Denis is much like Notre Dame except smaller and much, much dirtier. Some of the stained glass looks like it was dyed or painted back in the day, so it has faded a lot now. Also, some parts of the outside and many windows are caked with soot and dirt. But, of course, it was still awesome.

After that, we headed to the Ricks' house for FHE. I ate my delicious sandwich (I don't know what they put in their mayonnaise, but it is SO good). After we chatted it up for a bit, we had ice cream and chocolate chip cookies for dessert. Seriously, I could have eaten 10 of those cookies. They were really good. Anyway, it was good to be able to write a lot today. When I post pictures, I don't really get the chance to write because it is sometimes a little frustrating. So here you go, a ramble from Paris :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Benji

Day 54 - Dernier Jour

Day 55 - Home