"Homemade" Mirror

My Favorite Things #28/365

Mirror: $5, Hooks that hook over the door: $2.44, Ribbon: $0.47, Getting exactly (mostly) what you want and accomplishing a goal: Priceless :)

The Finished Product

The braided ribbon tied through two holes I made in the back. Hope it holds!

The hooks and the braided ribbon

The reason why I did it. In Springville, I had four mirrors surrounding me when I did my hair. Crunching that down to one was a bit difficult for me. When I straightened my hair, I used my compact as a mirror to see the back of my head. It worked, but it wasn't very efficient. It was so awesome to be able to use my contraption this morning!!

Comments

Perfect! I am still going through withdrawls from not being able to see the back of my hair! I really need to figure something out one of these days
Ariel said…
Something I didn't include was that it took FOREVER to find the hooks. I looked all over the home area of walmart. It took the third employee I asked to tell me that they were in decorating!
Kim said…
Oh man...one of the first things I missed about moving from home...those mirrors to see the back...Mom and Dad were sure smart to put those mirrors up!!! I have them up...I still plan to put on in the girls bathroom, but for now, they don;t use it for hair...so a little down the road i will.
Sara said…
I LOVE it! I really need to get a rear-view mirror for myself!

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Benji

Day 54 - Dernier Jour

Day 55 - Home