Hale Centre Theatre/Treasure Island

My Favorite Things #8/365

My mom, my sister (Mel), and I went up to the Hale Centre Theatre in West Valley and saw Treasure Island. It was fantastic! I really liked it. The acting was wonderful, but what impressed me the most was the stage. Wow! For those of you who have not been to the Hale Centre Theatre before, it is a theater in the round. You really feel like you are "in on the action" because you are generally closer than you would be if the play was on a regular stage. Anyway, the stage was made out of wood planks. From the ceiling came down a mast, a large ladder covered with vines and leaves, a staircase, a skeleton, and more. There was a pool of water by one side that was deep enough that the actors would fall and jump into them and swim away. The audience members who were near enough got splashed several times! There was a waterfall and much much more. It is amazing to me that they do all of this for a play that lasts for less than a month and a half. But I'm glad they do because it was awesome!

The Program

My Ticket

The actor who played Long John Silver signed our programs. He knew how to spell all of our names, even Melodie's. He was really great. During the entire play, his leg was tied up! That would be exhausting.

Afterwards, we got to get a picture with him and talk a little bit. He was really nice! Even though he's a pirate ;)

Comments

How fun is that! I would love to take the girls to a play such as this! They would have so much fun.
Sara said…
Fantastic!!!! Sounds like an amazing play!

Popular posts from this blog

Day 54 - Dernier Jour

Baby Benji

Day 55 - Home