European Art History Study Abroad

Since many have already found out, I thought I talk about it here :)

A few weeks ago, I had an interview for an Art History specific study abroad in Europe. Honestly, I did not think I would get accepted into the program. I was told that at that point, over 60 people had applied and more were still applying. They only have room for 24. Well a week or so ago, I heard back from them and they said I was accepted! It just seems so perfect. Even though I am only a freshman, I was picked! So it is pretty exciting.

I will leave around the 26th of April (I get back from France on the 17th of April) to Greece. Then we will go to Italy, Austria, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands and Belgium. Classes will finish in France. Then I will be back home around the 17th of June! Really crazy, but I am SO excited! I just can't believe it's real. In case you are interested, we will be going to Athens, Rome, Florence, Ravenna, Venice, Vienna, Melk, London, Amsterdam, the Hague, Ghent, Haarlem, Brussels, Bruges, Chartres, Versailles, and Paris. Wow. In those cities, we will be going to the new Acropolis Museum in Athens, the Vatican Museum in Rome, the Uffizi in Florence, the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam, the Mauritshuis in the Hague, the Louvre, the MuseƩ d'Orsay, the Pompidou (the last three are in Paris), the National Gallery, the British Museum, and the Tate Galleries (the last three are in London). I'm not sure I can say wow enough!!

Anyway, so I hope that I can see as many of you as possible before I go! I will be living in Europe for 5 months! Did I say wow?

Comments

Cami said…
ARIEL!!! That is SOOO AWESOME! You are a lucky girl! What a once in a lifetime experience! It sure does call for a new hair cut! Tee hee! :)
So proud of you! That is such an exciting opportunity! Better take plenty of pictures so you can relive this experience with us less privileged people! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Benji

Day 54 - Dernier Jour

Day 55 - Home